All coaches are required to take "Heads Up Concussion" training. The training is online. Please print out the certificate that is provided at the end of the training and give it to one of the AYSC board members.
Additionally, all coaches need to fill out a Risk Management Form with the EPYSA annually.
There are new requirements starting this summer. In addition to the annual Risk Management and Concussion training (please apply after July 1), all volunteers must apply for PA state Child Abuse and state police criminal history background checks. These will be free for volunteers after July 25. Volunteers who have not resided in PA for the last 10 years must also get an FBI check that involves fingerprinting. AYSC will reimburse the cost of this check. Unfortunately, these checks are the byproduct of the society we live in, and our intended by legislators to keep kids safe (you may visit the state website www.keepkidssafe.pa.gov ).
These checks are good for 3 years
- They are portable, which means they may be used for other volunteer youth activities (other sports, scouting, dance, theater, etc) in which you might be engaged (they are now required for all of these activities)
- I only need a copy; you retain your originals. Records will be maintained only by the the AYSC club President
- I will accept copies of existing, valid checks you might already hold (from teaching, health care, etc)
- It will only cost you a little time (if you wait until after July 25).
- Both online and paper/mailed applications are available. My understanding is the turnaround on the online process is much faster.
For the Intramural program here is some recommended training:
First week: KellyTrainingWk1.pdf OR JaiminTrainingWk1.pdf
Second Week: KellyTrainingWk2 part1.pdf and KellyTrainingWk2 part2.pdf OR JaiminTrainingWk2.pdf
Third Week: KellyTrainingWk3_Part1.pdf, KellyTrainingWk3_Part2.pdf and TBD OR Jamin_practice_week3.pdf
Fourth Week: KellyTrainingWk4_part1.pdf and KellyTrainingWk4_part2.pdf OR Jamin_practice_week4.pdf
Fifth Week: TBD OR Jamin_practice_week5.pdf
Sixth Week: KellyTrainingWk6.pdf